Friday, October 14, 2011

This is Parker

He's into dressing himself right now. It's sooo fun.



But in reality, if he's got clothes on. Than we're doing good. Kid is quite the streaker.



Sometimes I call him "King of the Obvious". It starts when he gets up in the morning, when he exclaims "Parker's awake!" Then, "Parker's hungry. Parker's gonna eat breakfast. Parker's eating toast. Mommy's eating eggs. Ben doesn't have any teeth." He'll pretty much narrate your day for you.

He's gauranteed to start every conversation with, "Hi. I'm Parker." Even if you know him, and he knows you.

Ask him something he doesn't want to answer like, "Why is Ben crying?" and all his comprehension skills disappear. "Huh?" ask again "Huh? What?" And then when he finally gets around to telling you he's super nonchalant, "I stomped on Ben's back."

He can also lose his ability to comprehend when you ask him to do something. It's either, "huh?" or "Parker's sick."

And we're going on about month 9 of him referring to his father as "Mark". Everyone said, "Yeah, my kids went thru that phase." Did it last 9+ months?

I think this kid is the bomb! He makes for great company! I'm sad that we're creeping up on 3.5. My favorite age is slipping away.





(Another example of King of the Obvious: we went to the Dr on Tuesday and he got a shot in his arm. When the nurse put the needle in he just looked at her and yelled, "That hurts! That hurts Parker's arm!" And then when we passed her in the hall on the way out he's like, "You hurt my shoulder!" Maybe you had to be there, but it was really funny at the time.)

2 comments:

Keeping Up w/ the Rupps said...

Oh my gosh I was laughing out loud. He is so stinkin cute!

Kristine said...

Ha ha too funny. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only with their own personal commentator of daily, mundane events ;)