Monday, February 11, 2008

Food for Thought


How is your Food Storage? I recieved this not so subtle question from a professor of mine as we were sitting in the stake choir on sunday. Then followed the usual response... Well we're college students, we don't have a lot of space, money etc... We have water for two weeks and food for a couple months maybe. "Thats not enough" was the blunt response from my professor seeing that my excuses were just that... excuses.

After further reflection, I realized we have the room both in our budget and in our home to prepare better. I then thought about this "emergency" fiscal package the government plans on sending most americans early May. The government wants us to spend it, if your like christy and I that shouldn't be a problem :) However Christy and I talked and agree that we want to use a good portion if not all to get our house in order.

What if things get worse in the economy not better? Are we going to be eating our furniture? What if we have money but you can't buy anything with it? So I guess I ask the few who might be reading this, How is your Food Storage?

2 comments:

Evaly said...

Good suggestion! Can't wait to get our money :)

Team Wyatt said...

That is a really good idea. I think I will do that actually!